Sunday, May 15, 2011

Perls on Lapels

Jewellery or Jewelry are personal adornments in form of necklaces, rings, brackets, brooches etc. They are made of natural gemstones, precious metal or shells. The original Jewelries were made from natural materials like bones, animal tooth, woods, shells etc.
The word Jewelry can be traced to an ancient french ("jouel") and Latin ("jocale") words meaning plaything.
Often times they depite our culture, religion, tradition, wealth, and believes. Jewelries are as old as man kind.
"In both business and personal life, I've always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry." 
 ~Ivanka Trump
matterart.wordpress.com

Brooches and pin ups though, synonymous with women are becoming big hits with men. Brooches are not only cropping up on runways but, are fast becoming a cliche of gay and lesbian Chauvinism in fashion cosmopolitan cities like London and New York.
"Our regular items draw bigger business for us. This year we think brooches will sell well."
          ~Ginger Reading

Leading brooch designer, Lanvin is taking brooch designing for "his" and "hers" to the next level. Lanvin is credited for the return of brooches on runways with his stunning and unique designs that are not just vintage but, bear the touch and look of a modern working man.
The famous Gothic brooches by late Alexander McQueen, has attracted rock stars and punks alike. These Gothic trends are also eminent in the designs of Mcqueen suceessor, Sarah Burton
Lately, the trend with male political Bourgeoisie, is to adorn the tricolour pins on their Lapels. However, the trendy him tend to wear over sized Brooches as a fashion statement to profess his Style

polyvore.com

"Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles." 
 ~Sonja Henie
Rings have become the fashion statement of our times. Our fingers are our mildest touch and deserve all sorts of adornment. My fingers feel naked without a ring. "His" rings, though not yet as profound and unique as "Hers",Belgian designer, Maison Martin Margiela is revolotionizing male rings with his eccentric and unique ring designs
Brass rings are making their journey back into the trends of today. They come bulky and thin. There is no gainsaying the fact that two finger rings are the way forward. Though my all time favourites, two fingers rings are rare and, the best I have seen are from Maison Martin Margiela.
The beauty of a decent ring adorning a well kept finger can never be under rated. They mirror our unique preferences and style.
Having overcome my writer's block, I'll be concluding with this beautiful quote form "Office With No Windows"

oki-ni.com
saksfifthavenue.com

"The jeweler allows me to wear the sapphire blue lake on my finger, the emerald green leaves around my neck, and take the citrine sunset with me wherever I go.  Jewelry has become my daytime link to nature in an office with no windows.  And if I have to work late, there's nothing like diamond stars and a pearl full moon against an onyx night sky. "
          ~Astrid Alauda,

No comments:

Post a Comment